“When will we ever use this in real life?” asked the math students.
Well, everywhere and forever. Mathematicians did not create equations, they discovered them. They were already there, and we just happened to stumble upon them through intelligent, ceaseless effort. Makes you think a little, doesn’t it?
Fun DIYs and Ways to Reuse
Stumbled upon this page on StumbleUpon. Here’s the link to many fun crafts and interesting ways to reuse certain items. 🙂
- Marshmallow cupcake frosting
- Growing lettuce from “old” purchased bunches of lettuce
- Instant sunburn relief with Aloe trick
- Color gradient eggs for Easter
- Easy embossed jars
- Faux stones on a concrete patio
- Magnetic scrabble wall board for an ongoing family game
- Pallets to patio furniture
- Paint swatches to homemade calendar
- Pallets to puns signs
- How to make a polka dot cake
- Reclaimed window coffee table
- Bunk bed into stargazing tree house
- Rose petal tea light
- Harmless fresh scent for a bathroom
- Old tire to an ottoman
- Funky ice cube “tray”
- PVC pipe hair appliance holders
- Colored tape for highlights
Cool finds like these remind us how easy it is to give a new life to our used items. This is important. Think of how many things we throw away a year that could have been put to a nifty use? A lot, that’s how many. Fun DIY projects not only reduce waste, but give you a sense of accomplishment. A sense of accomplishment gives us that extra “umph” to get through the daily grind, a true necessity. If we don’t feel like we’ve accomplished anything, we’ll just feel stuck and glum! So get crackin’ and have fun!